Market Safety Guidelines
At Hyde Park Farmers’ Market our focus is on maintaining a safe environment for both our patrons and our venders. Below are guidelines for our market in light of COVID-19.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We are very grateful to be able to return to Hyde Park Square for our market. As we gradually transition to a “new normal,” we are very appreciative to have the ongoing support and cooperation of our patrons.
Providing a safe and healthy shopping experience is our top priority.
Our current operations plan is based on requirements and best practices from Local, State, and Federal authorities. Rules and regulations may be in flux right now, so be sure to visit this page regularly before coming to market.
**As of July 9, 2009, Governor DeWine has mandated that all residents of Hamilton County are required to wear cloth face coverings in public settings, including outdoor public settings where social distancing is difficult.**
We ask you to adhere to a few guidelines:
- YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN. Vendors and patrons must follow the CDC guidelines for COVID-19. This includes the following: Staying home when sick, wearing face coverings, using cough and sneeze etiquette, and practicing proper hand hygiene.
- MARKET HOURS ARE between 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. At-risk patrons are asked to come to the market between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY. Our vendors are not able to sell or hand off orders until 9:30 a.m. and patrons will not be allowed on The Square. Please do NOT arrive late. Our vendors are not able to sell or hand off orders after 1:00 p.m..
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IS VERY IMPORTANT. Please be conscious of other people while picking up your order and maintain 6ft. of social distance at all times. Patrons may travel in one direction only—counter-clockwise around The Square. Cones will divide the street into two lanes. The inside lane will be for patrons walking around the square to get to various vendors (at a safe distance of 6ft. or more). The outside lane will be marked with social distancing dots for those waiting to approach vendor tables for pickup. See map below.
- WEAR A MASK. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. Both vendors and patrons will be asked to wear a face covering while inside the market area. The HPFM team will work with anyone who cannot wear a mask to ensure they are able to purchase from the market. Here are some options:
- Prepay for your choices. Once you reach the entrance tent, let us know that you have arrived for pickup. One of our volunteers will run to gather your orders for you.
- Wear a face shield. The shield must reach a minimum of 3” below your chin for entrance into the market.
- Choose home delivery. One of our farmers is offering a home delivery service for the market. Email us and we will connect you. Again, this assumes you have prepaid for your order.
- If the market becomes too crowded to safely social distance, the market team will regulate the rate of patron access.
- THERE IS ONE ENTRANCE AND ONE EXIT TO THE SQUARE (from Edwards Road). Foot traffic will travel in one direction (as directed) around the street. See map below.
- Vendors will use tables in front of their offerings to create a 6ft. safe space.
- PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH or pick-up products while at market.
- Per safety guidelines, please do not bring items like egg cartons, produce containers or product bags for re-use. Vendors cannot accept them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use at vendor booths and at the market table.
- The market will not offer food samples or onsite foods prepared.
- For convenience, prepay orders for pickup is an option.
We will continue to update our market guidelines. Please check back regularly.
Thank you for supporting the Hyde Park Farmers’ market! Our farmers and food artisans greatly appreciate your patronage. We appreciate your support and patience as this new practice evolves.
And thank you to U.S. Bank for their generosity in letting the market use their parking lot for our spring market.