Market Safety Guidelines
At Hyde Park Farmers’ Market our focus is on maintaining a safe environment for both our patrons and our venders. Below are guidelines for our market in light of COVID-19.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We are very grateful to be able to return to Hyde Park Square for our market. As we gradually transition to a “new normal,” we are very appreciative to have the ongoing support and cooperation of our patrons.
Providing a safe and healthy shopping experience is our top priority.
Our current operations plan is based on requirements and best practices from State and Local authorities. Rules and regulations are in flux right now, so be sure to visit this page each week before coming to market. We are taking a phased approach to re-opening the market with safety concerns front and center. We ask you to adhere to a few guidelines:
- Patrons are encouraged to prepay orders for pickup.
- YOUR SAFETY IS OUR PRIMARY CONCERN.Vendors and patrons must follow the CDC guidelines for COVID-19. This includes the following: Staying home when sick, wearing face coverings, using cough and sneeze etiquette, and practicing proper hand hygiene.
- MARKET HOURS ARE between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. At-risk patrons are asked to come to the market between 12:30 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. The final half hour (12:30 to 1:00 p.m.) is reserved for “at risk” patrons to pick up their orders.
- PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE EARLY. Our vendors are not able to hand off orders until 9:30 a.m. and patrons will not be allowed on The Square. Please do NOT arrive late. Our vendors are not able to hand off orders after 12:30 p.m. (unless you qualify as “at-risk.”)
- SOCIAL DISTANCING IS VERY IMPORTANT. Please be conscious of other people while picking up your order and maintain 6ft. of social distance at all times. Cones will divide the street into two lanes. The inside lane will be for patrons walking around the square to get to various vendors (at a safe distance of 6ft. or more). The outside lane will be marked with social distancing dots for those waiting to approach vendor tables for pickup. See map below.
- WEAR A MASK. The CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. Both vendors and patrons will be asked to wear a face covering while inside the market area.
- If the market becomes too crowded to safely social distance, the market team will regulate the rate of patron access.
- THERE IS ONE ENTRANCE AND ONE EXIT TO THE SQUARE (from Edwards Road). Foot traffic will travel in one direction (as directed) around the street. See map below.
- Vendors will use tables in front of their offerings to create a 6ft. safe space.
- PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH or pick-up products while at market. Vendors will place them in a bag for you.
- Per safety guidelines, please do not bring items like egg cartons, produce containers or product bags for re-use. Vendors cannot accept them.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for patron use at vendor booths and at the market table.
- The market will not offer food samples or foods prepared onsite.
We will continue to update our market guidelines. Please check back weekly.
Thank you for supporting the Hyde Park Farmers’ market! Our farmers and food artisans greatly appreciate your patronage. We appreciate your support and patience as this new practice evolves.
And thank you to U.S. Bank for their generosity in letting the market use their parking lot for our spring market.